Friday, August 23, 2013

New Sewing Room

I've been busy all day today so just a brief post. I moved my sewing room! I've been working out in the garage for years now and although I've created some fun and gorgeous stuff out there, let me just say that it was also hotter than Henry Cavill out there. And in the winter it was colder than a penguins butt.  So I decided while I'm working on my daughters wedding to move into the living room, next to the dining room it is the least used room in the house. I swear some men should not be allowed to design houses, they have no idea what women, especially mothers need in a house. If I designed my kitchen, it would be all stainless steel and have a drain in the middle of the floor. I would be able to hose it down too. My boys bathroom would have shower stalls, urinals and toilet stalls. It would also be capable of being hosed down for easy cleaning. It would be located next to the laundry room/locker room where clothes would be left to be washed and kept.  Just a few thoughts on how houses should be designed. So here's my new work space. All of the living room furniture is in the garage for the time being. Did I mention how awesome it is to have 4 strapping teenage and adult sons to to the heavy lifting and a hubby that knows how to get them to work? 
Pretty much my entire fabric stash is still in the garage and getting to most of it will be a problem because the 2 sofas are blocking the garage, but I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while. 

In other news, in case you didn't know this about me, I am a geek.  I love superheroes, comic books, superhero movies, animated superhero movies, you name it. I have every season of Warner Brothers Batman the Animated Series on DVD. I love this series, I loved Kevin Conroy's voice work as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Mark Hamill as the Joker. I'm working on getting all the different series of the animated universe, Superman, Justice League, Batman Beyond and the stand alone movies. If Bruce Timm and Andrea Romano had a hand in them then I want them. So having said that, here's how I feel about the casting of the upcoming movie "Superman vs Batman: 

Yeah, what idiot did the casting? Did they not see Daredevil? Gigli? Jersey Girl? I love Ben Afflecks writing and directing but Batman? I think they should have gone with Richard Armitage. Just sayin. 
Well that's it for now, I'm a little fried from all the moving. 
Take care,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment