Friday, January 16, 2015

Wedding: Part 2

Orange Chucks, already to party!


This wedding could not have gotten off the ground without several people, first and foremost my amazing hubby John, he provided the funds. My daughter's bridesmaids, Desi, Megan, and Melissa who helped everywhere they could and told her if she wanted them to wear polka dots and clown noses they were there for her.  My friends Cheryl, her husband Brad, her daughter Lacey, and Helle who would call me and offer to help out with what ever I needed. And of course the day of the wedding, Cheryl, Lacey,Brad, Sara, Wendy, Mindy, Helle, Sara's husband Phil, Megan's parents, Carla who dropped off 3 large rolls of orange and green ribbon and especially my boys, they were amazing, the list goes on.

Starting in August, I went to work on the bridesmaid dresses and my dress, I had also started a side project with my own wedding dress. We purchased the bride's gown in Downtown LA in May.  It was gorgeous. Here's a close up of the detail on the gown:

For the bridesmaids, Ashton wanted navy blue originally, her grandma tried to talk her into purple but my daughter tends to avoid girly colors. Plus grandma said she didn't look good in orange, I told my Mother-in-law that this was going to be an informal wedding, no receiving line (yuck), a food truck ( we kept that secret for a long time) and cupcakes instead of a large cake. I really don't think she understood me. So back to the bridesmaids.  Later Ashton decided that emerald green would work better until we got to the fabric store and put the orange and green together. It wasn't pretty, we ended up finding a gorgeous sage green taffeta that was iridescent it had an orange sheen in certain lights! That same day we found orange shoes in Santee Alley that were a perfect match, the girls bought flats for the reception. The fabric ran the girls $45.00 each and the shoes were on clearance 3 pairs for $24.00 so their entire outfit was $53.00 each. The fabric on the dresses was the same but each girl picked her own pattern. 
Left to right: Megan, Ashton, Melissa and Desi. 
I love that they all chose a cute modest styles. 

Desi's dress in progress: 

Melissa's dress in progress: 

And being silly at a fitting: 

My dress: I found this amazing vintage pattern and this gorgeous raw silk in the garment district: 
I also found the sunglasses earlier that summer at the OC Swapmeet, they were a perfect match!

The sewing for me was pretty straight forward. But there were other things that were done for the wedding, it involved burlap and lace table runners, Lacey and Cheryl made all of them. And burlap and lace silverware holders, the bridesmaid's made those and some signage. 

Here's a few photos of the purchases made for the decor: 


The hubby and #1 son helping me shop:

The easiest part of all of this was finding pumpkins, since we were shopping in August the stores were fully stocked with fall decor. 
So for the rest of this post I will just post photos with captions. 

Brad made a copy of this stand, the bridesmaids painted it white and it held all the old timey sodas at the reception. 



Invitations, finally ordered in July and sent in August

The headboard benches that Brad made and the stenciled burlap pillows that Helle made for me and of course the pumpkins. The paintings are Ashton's grandmothers work. 

The flower haul, the result of an early morning trip to the DTLA flower mart
Megan and her mom, Shari, created the boutonnières and bouquets for the girls, amazing! That's my petticoat in the foreground.


In-n-Out truck arriving! 
In-n-Out truck set up:
And finally food:
We had Ambrosia Fine Foods do the fries since the In-n-Out truck doesn't do them, we had regular and sweet potato with different dipping sauces. 

Menu board, bridesmaid Desi did all the signs, freehand I might add: 

The cake: 
We also had cupcakes provided by Bubba Sweets, yummy! My Mother-in-Law left the reception carrying and eating two of them. 

Sign the frame: 

A couple of the angels that showed up the morning of the wedding to help set up: 
Sara, Wendy and Sara's daughter Kate

Here are some more angels that helped out 
 Lacey and her husband Dan
Megan and her parents, her mom Shari helped with the bouquets and they stayed behind to help clean up! 
Cheryl and her husband Brad who did all the woodwork I needed.

I don't have pictures of everybody but seriously, I am blessed with amazing friends who showed up early and stayed late. I can never thank them enough. 

As you can see there was a photo booth at the reception and it captured some fun moments mostly it captured Russell.  To view those photos click here and enjoy.

I love the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" and the quote, "no man is poor who has friends" on this day we felt like the richest family in town. 
Terri

A few more: 

Just before the ceremony:

Yay! We made it!

My boys:


First Dance:

Proud Parents:

Handsome groom:

Across the street from the reception the kids found this railroad yard so they headed over with the photographer and got some amazing pictures: 






















No comments:

Post a Comment