Saturday, March 5, 2011

Family, you gotta love them.

 I decided that I would introduce you to my family, The family photo was taken at Church on Easter Sunday in 2009.  It's probably the last good photo that was taken of my family.  My friend Cheryl took this photo for us.  Of course with 5 kids the chances of one giving us a funny pose is always a possibility. I can usually get them to cooperate if I let them give me a goofy pose after we get the good one.  The funny thing is my favorite picture usually turns out to be the funny one.  So let me introduce you to my family.  From the left: oldest child and only girl, (how's that for placement?) Ashton,who also happens to be the oldest grandchild on both sides of the family and was the only granddaughter until she was15! Next is #1 son, Andrew, currently serving a Mission in New Caledonia. Next up, my hubby John, he is the best husband and father I could have asked for. Yours truly, then #2 son, Jordan, just turned 16 is almost as tall as dad now and can't wait to get his license. Next we have #3 son, Cameron, I'm not saying that Cam is the most handsome of my boys but he is the most charming.  In our Church, kids are encouraged not to date until they are 16, Cameron has had girlfriends since the age of 2! I've lost track of the number of girls who have told me they are going to marry him! When I'm annoyed with Cam I usually tell him he took my pretty, and that's why I'm not as cute as I once was.  Finally we come to #4 son front and center, Jonathan, since this photo was taken he passed me in height.  Did I mention I'm only five foot?  I'm wearing 5 inch heels in this photo.  Jonathan has been my buddy since he was born.  Of all my kids, he was the most mine. Let me explain, all of my kids loved me as babies but once I had fed them, they pretty much preferred other people, for Ashton it was Grandma, Andrew was Grandpa's boy, Jordan liked hanging with Dad, and Cam liked kicking it with Ashton. So understandably I decided this last child would be mine, and he was.  He wouldn't let anybody hold him but me, he was mine until I had to let him go to school. I think that was more painful for me than him.  So that's the family.

This photo is of my son Andrew and a family he met in New Caledonia.  Andrew updates us weekly on what he is doing and how much he loves serving the Lord.  My friend Sara just dropped her son off at the Missionary Training Center in Utah this week so that he could begin his mission, she said something very profound about the feeling you get sending your 19 year old son into the world.   She said that her heart was full but broken at the same time. And that is a perfect description of what it's like.  More about Andrew can be found here: http://elderajam.blogspot.com/
The joy that comes through when Andrew writes us is evident and I'm happy that he loves what he is doing.  I try not to miss our classic movie nights too much.  For more about my beliefs and information about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints go here: http://lds.org/?lang=eng.  I am by no means an expert so if you would like to know more I say go to the source.

Well I think that's good for now, I have to get ready to go to the garment district in Los Angeles. I'm going to stop by the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) to take a gander at the Academy Award nominated costumes then look for fabric for a new Renaissance Faire costume. (yay!) My friend Cheryl will be coming along, her daughter Lacey is getting married in April and her fiance and father will be meeting us in LA so that they can purchase new suits for the upcoming nuptials.  Did I mention I'm making the wedding dress?  It's coming together very well and I'm honored that I was asked.  I will post pics after the wedding, including photos of the construction.  
So I'm off,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment